Get your small business off to the right start. Axess Law can:
- register a company in Ontario
- prepare incorporation documents
- draft promissory notes
- witness a virtual statutory declaration (Ontario)
- and more.
Start a Small Business
You're in good company with Axess Law. We've been there! Our business incorporation lawyers and entrepreneurs understand startups and small businesses from A to Z. We guide you every step of the way.
When you have questions like:
- should I incorporate?
- do I need a lawyer to incorporate in Ontario?
- how do partnerships work?
- someone took my business name -- what do I do now?
- what if I can't pay debts?
- how do I stop business fraud?
- can I leave my company to my kids?
and need a business lawyer, Toronto or Ottawa, you can trust Axess Law to be open long, flexible hours. Our legal professionals meet you online via virtual video call or in person at any of our business law firm locations near you.
We're close to buses and have onsite parking. And our lawyer fees to incorporate a business are reasonable and affordable.
Register a Company in Ontario
You get business licenses to prove your business is registered to banks, credit unions, Canada Revenue Agency or business suppliers. And the satisfaction of knowing your registration is complete.
Going solo? You own the assets, make the decisions and are liable for the consequences. Your profits are your own and so are your debts. Axess Law helps you determine if a sole proprietorship is viable for you or if you have liabilities that could make incorporation a wiser choice.
Differences between general partnerships and limited liability partnerships can be substantial. Axess Law has business lawyers near you who can advise on how to pick a business structure that works for you.
Limited Liability Company
You may have a LLC (limited liability company) in the U.S. and want to move into Ontario markets. Axess Law's professional business attorneys register foreign corporations quickly and easily.
Federal, provincial or Canada-wide, your incorporated business has to meet certain requirements for directorships, shares and records. A corporation is a separate, legal entity for tax purposes, with its own annual filing regulations.
Axess Law’s business incorporation lawyers set you up for success. We draft articles of incorporation and advise on who you can appoint as directors. Our licensed business lawyers organize share allocations and make up minute books.
Ask us how to incorporate in Ontario or anywhere else you do business and let Axess Law's business lawyers do the navigating for you.
Solve Business Woes
Axess Law hears your business concerns and gives you quick advice or refers you to trusted legal partners with the right skills to counsel you on your unique situation. We understand no one answer fits every business scenario.
- buying commercial property
- notarizing a statutory declaration
- collecting on demand promissory notes
- business shares and Wills
- property division during divorce
- workplace harassment
- or insolvency applications
Axess Law has the real estate lawyer, notary public, Wills and estate attorney, family lawyer or business legal services referral for you.
Get Paid or Go to Court
You may be asked to extend business credit or accept promissory notes for future payments from other small business suppliers. Axess Law advises if approaches other business owners make to you are legally sound. We make referrals to trusted legal partners when you need to send demand letters to enforce and collect on promissory notes for debts you're owed.
Suing other companies to get paid can be costly. Our small business lawyers, Toronto region or Ottawa, talk over the pros and cons of going to Ontario Small Claims Court to collect and when to write off bad debt.
Why You Need a Lawyer
Axess Law's lawyer fees to incorporate a business in Ontario or anywhere in Canada are affordable. It costs just $299.99 and up to draft professional incorporation documents and organize your minute book.
You get documents that stand the legal test if Canada Revenue Agency picks your business to audit. No more worries about not meeting Service Ontario requirements or being forced to go back and doing it all again. Our business lawyers arrange your business name, registration, incorporation or partnership in less time than you might expect.
We make it easy to be in business.
Affordable Flat Fee Rates
Axess Law has cheap business lawyers, Toronto and area or in Ottawa, who can go online to video conference with you or meet day or evening, 7 days a week, at your convenience. Our open law offices, Toronto and area or in Ottawa, accept appointments online or by phone to our 1-647-479-0118 lawyer line. Call toll free to 1-877-402-4277 anywhere in Ontario for a secure video conference.
Call today for your business appointment. We have onsite parking and easy bus access.
Our Business Services
Incorporating your business in Ontario is an exciting step for new and growing businesses, which can protect you against personal liability for business debts and obligations and can offer you other benefits as well. Other advantages of incorporation in Ontario include:
- Limited liability: Shareholders are not responsible for the debts or obligations of the corporation unless they have personally guaranteed the company’s debts.
- Separate legal entity: Under Canadian law, a corporation has the same legal rights and obligations as a natural person including the ability to: enter into contracts, own property, take on debt and sue or be sued.
- Continuous existence: A corporation does not cease to exist upon the death of its owners, but continues to exist until it is formally liquidated.
- Tax advantages: Accountants tend to recommend incorporation once the revenues of a business reach a certain level. Please consult with your accountant or tax professional for advice on the best course of action for your situation. Incorporating your business does not have to be a long, complicated, process. Axess Law will make incorporation a quick and easy step for your business.
Business Name Registration
When starting a new business venture, one of the first steps you will take will be coming up with a business name, and more importantly, one that is unique to any other business names already in existence. We can guide you through the process of registering your business name for any of the following business types:
- Sole Proprietorship: A business name must be registered with the Province of Ontario if it is different from the owner’s legal name.
- Partnership: Each partnership located in Ontario must register its business name with the province.
- Corporation: A corporation may need another business name related to certain business activities it carries out.
Registering your business name through Axess Law will make this process simple, straightforward, and get your business off to a running start.
When looking for a loan, going to a bank may not always be the best option, especially if a friend or family member is willing to lend you the money as an alternative.
Borrowing funds in this fashion allows you to negotiate interest rates, methods of repayment and can even offer various items as collateral. It is important to outline payment procedures and put agreements in place to ensure both parties are legally protected and understand the terms of the loan.
Axess Law can help you tailor the terms of your loan, to make the lending process easy and effortless for both parties.