Right you are. Flexible hours and remote access are among the top five features Canadian workers want.
Hybrid work grew in popularity when the COVID-19 pandemic struck. Workers who went back to the office temporarily in 2021 were chased out by Omicron. Up to 60% of returning employees decamped for home, or reduced in-office hours as COVID infections surged.
Fast forward two years, and an Amazon Business survey has found 43% of Canadians would look for a new job if they had to return full time. Over half of 1,600 respondents are less likely to accept a new job with an office-only routine.
With only 20% of Canadian workers expected to make a full time return, that leaves plenty of room for enterprising homeowners to add a Zoom room. Millionacres.com has some savvy design tips for Zoom rooms:
- pick a bedroom corner, alcove, or den for your Zoom room
- position your computer, tablet, laptop, or phone near the router
- close the door, or use a curtain or divider for privacy
- keep the space tidy — dust once in awhile
- close the curtains and use a soft overhead or side light to flatter your face.