Buying Real Estate
Whether it is a house, condominium, cottage or castle, most people will find that buying property is the most significant purchase and investment they will ever undertake. Our dedicated team of real estate lawyers and clerks will simplify the purchase process, while our multiple locations and client-friendly 7-day a week hours give you the freedom to complete the transaction at a time and place convenient for you, so you have more time to choose the perfect couch for your new pad!
You’ve asked friends, visited realtors and dug through the newspapers. You’ve found the right fit, now you need the right lawyers to help you get the keys into your hand.
A quick guide to the Axess Law process:
- Pick up the phone and call us for a free quote, or pop into one of our offices.
- We will take some basic purchase details and provide you with an all-inclusive quote covering our flat rate legal fee, all third party fees and taxes.
- There are no hidden fees or extras; your quote is all-inclusive.
- You need to make an Offer to Purchase (also called an Agreement of Purchase and Sale)
- Axess Law will review this document to ensure it is right for you. When the vendor has received and accepted your offer you will have a closing date – the date when you take legal ownership of the property and receive the keys.
- If you haven’t already done so, you may now be hunting for a mortgage.
- When you decide on a mortgage, your mortgage broker or lender will provide us with details and instructions on your mortgage so that we can register it on title and ensure that the mortgage proceeds are applied to the purchase price on closing.
- We will walk you through the process from A to Z and keep you up to date via email and phone. We will set a date with you for you to come into one of our conveniently located offices to sign your closing documents or we can send someone to meet with you at your home or office. Your closing documents are a package of documents that (amongst other matters) sets out financial details, allows us to register title in your name, transfer funds and purchase title insurance. We’re open 7 days a week with long hours, so you can choose a time that works with your schedule.
We will notify you as soon as your purchase transaction has closed and you can come to collect your keys. Congratulations, you’ve completed your purchase! Wasn’t that easy?