DisclaimerThe information on this Web site is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice or a legal opinion. Visitors to this Web site should seek appropriate legal or other professional advice on their own particular matter and should not rely on the information contained on this Web site without seeking such advice. Although we attempt to keep the information on this Web site accurate and up-to-date, we cannot guarantee that the content is accurate, complete or current. Web site content may be updated or modified at any time and without notice.
You acknowledge and agree that you are using this Web site at your own risk and liability. Axess Law Professional Corporation (“Axess”) does not guarantee that the operation of this Web site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that any defects or errors in this Web site or its content will be corrected, or that this Web site will be free from viruses or other harmful components. Axess is not responsible or liable for the suitability, accuracy, validity or reliability of this Web site for any purpose.
Sending an e-mail message to Axess, generally, or any Axess professional does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Please contact one of our lawyers in person or by telephone before sending any confidential e-mail to Axess or to any of its legal professionals.
For your convenience, this Web site contains links to Web sites which are not operated or controlled by Axess. No endorsement by Axess is intended or implied by the presence of such links. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Web sites and your use of such Web sites is at your own risk.
AXESS and AXESS LAW are trade-marks or registered trade-marks of Axess Law Corporation in Canada and/or other countries.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal InformationPersonal Information is any information about an identifiable individual or that permits an individual to be identified. Personal Information does not include your name, business address and business contact information, such as your business title, email address or phone number, which you provide to us for business purposes. Axess generally collects Personal Information that you voluntarily provide, but we may collect information from third parties and as agents on behalf of our clients where we or they have obtained the requisite consent, or as otherwise permitted or required by law. We may also collect information through our website. Some of our pages allow for the submission of forms, quotes and applications to be contacted by one of our associates. The types of personal information collected on these pages include but are not limited to: name, address, email address, phone number, location, etc. We do not employ any electronic means to automatically collect Personal Information from any visitor or user of our site or from their computers. Our website contains links to other websites which may collect your Personal Information. Axess does not assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of the third parties operating these websites. You should read the privacy policies of these websites and make an informed decision whether or not to provide your Personal Information to the websites’ operators.
Axess collects, uses and discloses Personal Information primarily to provide advice and legal and other services to clients and prospective clients, for administrative and relationship management purposes (including to develop and manage our knowledge management systems, and to market and deliver Axess services) and as otherwise permitted or required by law. We may from time to time use third party service providers to perform certain functions for us, such as office services and data processing. In these circumstances, such third party service providers are contractually bound to safeguard the Personal Information transferred to them with measures comparable to that provided by us and described in this Policy and not to retain, use or disclose Personal Information transferred to them for any purpose other than the provision of services to Axess. Personal Information supplied to Axess is confidential and we do not distribute such information to any third party except with your actual or implied consent or as permitted or required by law. Axess does not sell Personal Information. Axess only keeps Personal Information as long as it is required for the reasons it was collected or to comply with law or professional standards. We have procedures dealing with the destruction or deletion of Personal Information no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected.
SecurityYour Personal Information is treated as private, confidential information by Axess and we strive to ensure that your Personal Information, regardless of format, is protected and kept secure at all times. Most methods of communication are not fully secure and security measures may create challenges to the efficient exchange of information. Email may be a method of communication with you and unless you object we may use unencrypted plain text emails when communicating with you.
Video Conference Services
You acknowledge being advised of the following:
ii. I acknowledge that Axess Law Professional Corporation may utilize certain cloud computing and other software (the “Software”) to render the requested services and manage confidential legal and other information in my file (the “Information”). This also includes digital storage devices such as USB flash drives (each, or collectively, the “Technology”), to deliver remote legal services. I agree and acknowledge that the correct and prudent use of the Technology and Software does not constitute a breach of Axess Law Professional Corporation’s duty to hold my information confidential, pursuant to Section 3.3-1 of the Law Society of Ontario’s Rules of Professional Conduct.
1. Eligibility: The Axess Law Review Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to persons who are legal residents of, and physically located within Canada, and eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Employees of Axess Law Professional Corp., and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotional agencies, judges, and the immediate family members (herein, defined as spouse, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses, regardless of residence, and any person living in such a person’s household, whether related or not) of each as well as the employees of any Sweepstakes administrator identified at the end of these Official Rules (“Administrator”), or of any company affiliated with the Sweepstakes and collectively with the foregoing persons or entities (“Sweepstakes Entities”), are not eligible to participate.
2. Entry Period: Sweepstakes begins at 12am Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on February 15, 2022 and ends at 11:59pm EDT on April 15, 2022.
3. Who can Enter: During the Entry Period, eligible participants can enter the Sweepstakes by following these steps: i) visit https://www.yelp.ca/biz/axess-law-toronto-2 (“Axess Law Yelp”) and sign in to your account or create an account if you are not a registered member; and ii) provide a product review. After successfully submitting a product review and your feedback, plus checking the opt-in box to enter the Sweepstakes, you will automatically be entered into the Sweepstakes (“Online Entry”). Inappropriate comments in the product review will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Entries using macro, robotic, script or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deceiving or using other unfair playing practices. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. The “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
4. Prize and Its Approximate Retail Value (“Arv”): A $500 Walmart Gift Card (“Gift Card”) will be awarded. Gift Card is awarded on an “as is” basis, and cannot be redeemed for cash or used as payment for purchases of additional Gift Cards or as an adjustment to prior purchase(s) or applied as payment on any account. Gift Card will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Any applicable taxes and all other costs/expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of winner. Prize is non-transferable, and no substitutions or cash redemptions will be made, other than as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason.
5. Random Drawing and Notification: One (1) potential winner will be selected by random drawing under the supervision of the Administrator whose decisions are final and binding. Random drawing will be conducted approximately two (2) weeks after the end of Entry Period. Potential winner need not be present to win, and will be contacted through Yelp messages and/or by email, phone or mail on or about two (2) business days after the random drawing using the contact information given at the time of entry. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number of entrants. Prize forfeiture may result from any of the following: i) an Prize notification is returned as undeliverable; ii) winner is otherwise found to be ineligible; iii) winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason; and iv) any other non-compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of any prize forfeiture, the Sponsor or Administrator may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. Attempts may be made to notify up to three (3) alternate winners for the unfulfilled prize; after which the unfulfilled prize will not be awarded. Once potential winner’s eligibility is verified, he/she will be confirmed as a winner. Prize will be sent to the winner approximately thirty (30) days from the date winner is confirmed. The Sponsor is not responsible for any returned undeliverable prize and such prize will be forfeited.
7. General: Entrants must have a valid email address, and it is entrant’s responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in email address. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding. Winner is responsible for all local, state and federal taxes on the prize, including sales or use taxes. By participating, entrant agrees to, releases and holds the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively “Releasees”) harmless from any injury, loss or damage to person, including death, personal injury or loss or damage to property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly to the acceptance or use/misuse of a prize, participation in any promotion-related activity or participation in the Sweepstakes. By accepting a prize, winner agrees, where imposing such condition is legal, that Sponsor and their designees shall have the right, but not the obligation, to use of his/her name, city and state of residence and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without further compensation, permission or notification and, upon request, will confirm consent to such use in writing. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the offer or administration of this Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of winner and prize. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between statements contained in any materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as planned is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes and award prize from among all eligible Entries received up to that date. All disputes, claims and causes of action at law or in equity (individually, “Claim”) arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes, the meaning or interpretation of the rules or any prize awarded shall be resolved by applying the laws of the State of Washington, without regard to conflict of laws provisions therein, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in the state or federal courts within that state. All Claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and all Claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event include attorneys’ fees, and under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
8. Sponsor: Axess Law Professional Corporation 439 University Avenue, Suite 2210, Toronto, ON M5G 1Y8 (“Sponsor”), whose decisions are final and binding as to all aspects of this Sweepstakes.
9. Administrator: GenY Medium, Inc. 55 York Street, Suite 401, Toronto, Ontario M5J 1R7